Established in 1997, The Savings Bank Charitable Foundation, Inc., supports non-profit organizations that serve residents of Wakefield, Lynnfield, Andover, Methuen, North Reading and surrounding cities and towns.
The Foundation has donated over $510,000 to more than 80 organizations since the first awards were issued in 1998.
Board of Directors
- Denise Carbone
- Margaret Super Church
- Karen S. Conard
- Robert J. DiBella
- Glenn D. Dolbeare
- Therese C. Jarmusik
- Raichelle L. Kallery
- Joanne S. Reilly
To apply for a grant from The Savings Bank Charitable Foundation, Inc., your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Massachusetts charitable corporation
The Directors of the Foundation will focus their giving to organizations serving the residents of the Wakefield, Lynnfield, Andover, Methuen, and North Reading areas
- Must be determined to be tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Must have received a permanent or advance IRS Determination letter that describes the grantee as a publicly supported charity as defined in Sections 170(b)(1)(A)(6) or (A)(2)
- No grants will be awarded to individuals
- The Directors of the Foundation will not consider a proposal from an organization previously funded until a full report of the expenditures of the previous grant has been submitted, nor will they consider more than one application from an agency in the same calendar year
- No grants will be made to national organizations or “annual giving campaigns”
- No grants will be made to state or federal agencies
- Grants will be made to a 501(c)(3) organization for benefit of another organization awaiting its own tax-exempt status
All applications will be considered for program expansion, evaluation, renovations, new construction projects, capital funding, etc. for organizations whose primary focus is on projects in the following areas:
- Homeless shelters
- Family services
- The poor
- The elderly
The Application period for the TSB Charitable Foundation, is from October 1st through January 31st.
The Foundation will present the awards to the recipients in early April.
For more information about The Savings Bank Charitable Foundation, Inc., please contact:
The Savings Bank Charitable Foundation, Inc.
357 Main Street
PO Box 30
Wakefield, MA 01880
e-mail to: TSBCF@tsbawake24.com
We established the Donald E. Garrant Foundation, Inc. in 2001 in memory of Don Garrant, former President and Chief Executive Officer of The Savings Bank. Mr. Garrant served as President of The Savings Bank from 1980 – 1992.
To recognize Mr. Garrant’s passion for financial literacy, the Foundation seeks to support projects in the Public & Private Schools, Grades K-12, and Not-for-Profit Organizations, that focus on financial education – banking, money, saving, investing, borrowing and credit, and economics.
Also in 2001, we marked the twentieth anniversary of the 1st Educational Savings Branch at Wakefield High School, which was the result of Mr. Garrant’s efforts.
The Garrant Foundation has issued awards totaling nearly $120,000 to purchase the following representative projects:
- Financial books for a High School Library
- Financial books for a Middle School Library
- Books relating to saving, borrowing, receiving an allowance and other subjects for the six Wakefield Elementary School Libraries
- Age-appropriate economics curriculum for use by the faculty at the six Elementary Schools
- Books and games relating to banking and math for the Wakefield Special Education Department at the High School
- Banking-related coloring books and piggy-banks for grades K-2
- A three-volume set of books related to stocks, bonds, and mutual funds for five students participating in the “Stock Market Challenge.”
- Accounting software and related textbooks for Lawrence High School Partners-in-Education
Donald E. Garrant Foundation, Inc.
357 Main Street | PO Box 30
Wakefield, MA 01880