FAQ – Wealth Checking Account
Our Frequently Asked Questions are designed to answer all our customers’ questions.
Have a question we don’t cover here? Use our Contact Form and we will be sure to provide the answers you need!
Wealth Checking is a new TSB checking account, designed for First Financial Trust clients to manage their day-to-day banking at The Savings Bank. This is an insured deposit account, with an exclusive preferred interest rate and special banking benefits.
- The account has a Base Rate of.05% APY* with an added Preferred Rate of.20%, when eligible, for a total current APY of.25%, earned on the entire checking balance. The Preferred Rate is added to accounts with Direct Deposit and an average statement cycle deposit balance of $5,000 or more. Rates are subject to change.
- No minimum account balance is required for the account, but a minimum daily balance is required to earn interest.
- No monthly service fee or per check charges.
- Unlimited free TSB ATM access.
- Up to $25 rebate on ATM Surcharges monthly.
- One complimentary standard check order or one designer check order discounted $15 annually.
- One free 3” x 5” Safe Deposit Box in the Andover or Methuen Branch locations only, based on availability.
Yes, Wealth Checking is a TSB bank account. It is not an FFT account.
Wealth Checking is only available to clients of First Financial Trust.
Wealth Checking has two rate tiers. The account has a Base Rate of.05% APY with an added Preferred Rate of.20%, when eligible, for a total current APY of.25%, earned on the entire checking balance. The Preferred Rate is added to accounts with Direct Deposit and an average statement cycle deposit balance of $5,000 or more. Rates are subject to change.
A minimum daily balance of $10 is required to earn interest each day. The average statement cycle balance is used to determine if the $5,000 balance was met.
Interest is compounded and credited monthly.
Direct Deposit is not required to have a Wealth Checking account but is required to earn the Preferred Rate.
There is no monthly service fee or per check charges on Wealth Checking. However, our standard fees on checking accounts apply.
All TSB standard checking account features are available with Wealth Checking, including a debit card, online and mobile banking, overdraft protection, and more.
$50, the same as other TSB checking accounts.
No, there are none.
Yes, the account is insured by FDIC and DIF
Wealth Checking is converted to Basic Checking.
Talk to The Savings Bank
To find out how The Savings Bank can help you achieve all your financial goals, visit one of our offices, use our contact form, or call us at 800-246-2009.